Tuesday, November 30, 2010

“What is the most weather friendly thing to do here in Savannah?”

The weather today in Savannah was my inspiration for this post. It is currently 74 degrees here in the hostess city. Which sounds perfect for our many visitors, but when you add rain to that equation it can literally dampen many plans. This was brought to my attention upon arriving to work this morning. A tour and travel group filled the lobby, all waiting to see if the weather would clear so they could walk the city. This got me thinking; “what is the most weather friendly thing to do here in Savannah?”



Well, you can go with one of the obvious tours that the city of Savannah offers, or you could take a rain check and reschedule on a sunnier day. I encourage you to take your tour indoors. Specifically, visiting one of Savannah’s many beautiful museums. I was given great advice via a recent twitter post (thank you Visit Savannah), on which museums to visit: The Jepson Center, Owens-Thomas House, The Davenport House, and Ships of the Sea just to name a few.


It doesn’t look like this rain is going to clear tomorrow. I think I am going to take my own advice, and pay a visit to a museum. Don’t worry, I will post some pictures for you soon after!

No comments:

Post a Comment